Everbean

I was out ‘til way late Thursday night. Waking after noon on Friday, I sought sustenance. There is something weird and unsettling about eating scrambled eggs after twelve, just as it’s weird and unsettling to drink beer before lunchtime, but here we were.

Kimberley and I, once awake and dressed, wandered up the road to the mall to find the nearest possible breakfast. As it turned out, we found the second nearest possible breakfast – Everbean.

I ordered my usual, but instead of getting a third slice of toast, they said ‘we serve the eggs on one piece of ciabatta, do you just want another piece of that?’. Mindful of the ‘rules’ of my breakfast order, I mulled this over for a microsecond before hunger pangs (and the distant rumbling hangover) spoke up and I agreed. Kimberley ate some French toast with pig’s arse and complained about the strength of her hot chocolate while I inhaled my eggs.

The eggs were unusually sweet, which was a surprise given they arrived pre-peppered. Maybe it was the ciabatta, or maybe they added some sugar to the mix. The tea was loose-leaf – yay, first loose-leaf so far, and strong!

One of the really cool things about Everbean is the art on the wall, all by local artists and available for purchase. Most of it is really good, too!




Comments