Rashay's

I’ve been in Wellington for best part of a week. While there, I had some excellent scrambled eggs and tea at a place called Relish, on Lambton Quay. But this blog post isn’t about that.

This morning, Kimberley and I had breakkie at Rashay’s, which is a newish place in Belconnen mall, right next to the cinema and off to one side of the food court. It's a Sydney-based chain that has apparently been around for 20 years, though I'd never heard of them before they opened an outlet in the mall.

I noticed they didn’t have scrambled eggs on the menu, or even the much more free ‘eggs your way’, that most places have; but even places that don’t advertise scrambled eggs will usually do it anyway. But not Rashay’s. “We only do oven-baked eggs”. So I got those, and a pot of tea.

The eggs were overcooked, and fairly ordinary all-round. I doubt I’ll go back.

Halfway through the meal, I caught sight of the napkin. How appropriate. No photos of eggs or tea or anything else taken today.


Comments