Black Pepper

When my life was in the toilet a few years back, I fell into a routine whereby every Saturday I’d haul myself out of bed, walk downstairs to Black Pepper, eat breakkie, then crawl back into my apartment where I’d hide for the rest of the day. Black Pepper was my only Saturday ray of sunshine, and I got very used to the place.

I tend not to go there all the time now, because living in Belconnen has made me realise just how many nice cafes we have, and I like to spread the Saturday morning love. But this morning, we decided to go back to Black Pepper again.

Kim (my partner) was highly partial to Black Pepper’s French toast. I don’t eat meat, so there was no way I was ever gonna order that, but she was disappointed this morning to find it had been removed from the menu since our previous visit and had to make do with a mountain of bacon and an avalanche of pancake. So much change in cafes in Belconnen lately!

My eggs were delicious – light, full of substance, slightly peppered, and very filling. The tea pot was massive, and was filled to the brim, which meant the tea itself was a bit watery, and half of the first cup I poured ended up all over the table.

Black Pepper does a pretty good breakfast. Never been there for lunch though.




Comments